Yes, the starting gun has been heard and teams from many vineyards are starting to cut, pick and select the best grapes from their vines. The Chardonnays were the first to invade the vineyards last week as Meursault and Puligny Montrachet started to collect their golden nuggets.
I was lucky to be passing the famous Romanee Conti vineyard and witnessed the estate owner, Aubert De Villain, supervising operations on the most iconic and expensive estate in the world.
Just over a month until the famous auctions at the Hospices de Beaune and we now know that the Presidents barrel will contain Meursault 1er Cru – Les Caillerets!
- New theme tasting experiences – here or at home!! May 3, 2021
- La Romanée Memories 1862 – 2005 – an exceptional auction of an iconic Burgundy Grand Cru April 18, 2021
- Late frost devastation in Burgundy vineyards explained… April 15, 2021
- 2019 Vintage – hitting the summits April 12, 2021
- Late frost causes worries in Burgundy vineyards April 7, 2021
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets